[Zope] 3rd post - Renaming and the Z Search Interface

Rik Hoekstra rik.hoekstra@inghist.nl
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 22:24:41 +0100

I've used Z Search Interface to create a set of forms and reports. I renamed
some of the objects, including the data source. I've corrected all of the
values that are visible via the Zope management interface so that the new
names are reflected. All of the queries run by independantly if tested.

But none of the reports (search results) operate if they are run via the Z
Search interface pages (they did before the renaming ops). The error
returned is:

Zope Error
Resource not found

[RH] Could you send us the traceback with error message, so that we can see
which resource can't be found? Otherwise it will be difficult to help.

Additionally, there is one Z Search Interface "form" that will not open at
all, even if *all* of it's text is stripped out. At that point, to the
"naked eye", there is no content to the method at all. I was expecting to
find some hidden properties associated with the objects that I could tweak
and fix these errors but no luck.

What is hidden from me that I cannot access? Or is this evidence of some
corruption in the ZODB? And are these "oddities" (as they appear to me now)
peculiar to the Z Search Interface or is this common behavior with Zope in
general?

[RH]Hm, I actually did experience something more or less the same, but it
went away when I made a new search interface. Did you try to make a new
search interface and copy (or re-implement) some of you code there. Did that
give the same errors?

Rik