[Zope] Server Sizing

Baker, Dennis (sjmr) DBaker@CHW.edu
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 15:00:51 -0800

Ok,  I finally did it.  I got my boss to slip a nice little application
server in the budget.  So here I am trying to spec out a nice Zope server.

What should my priorities be when building this beast,  I think we'll be
able to spend about $10 Grand on this beast.  We will be running a secure
site using Apache and OpenSSL,  and we are targeting about 100 continuous
concurrent users.  I have already set SOME priorities, because uptime is a
big issue so the server will have redundant power supplies and hardware RAID
5.

Beyond that,  what do you suggest.  Is memory more important than processor
speed?  Is it important to go with a Multi-processor server or will Zope/
Linux take advantage of a multi processor setup?

Dream a little server for me :)