[Zope] Midgard vs Zope (Was RE: [Zope] PHP vs Zope)

Alessandro Bottoni Alessandro.Bottoni@think3.com
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 11:29:50 +0100

Interesting topic!

How does Zope compare with Midgard?
Which one is more flexible (that is: which one can be used in a wider set of
cases)?
Which one is easier to learn for the webmaster?
Which one is better fit to develop and maintain a complex web site (let's
say: 10,000 documents and 50,000 pictures, updated weekly)?
Which one is better for web sites that uses database and/or a "fragmented
document" architecure (XML/SGML documents that are disassembled and
re-assembled on demand)?
Which one can better integrate other technologies (web-mail interfaces and
so on)?
Which one is easier to use for a remote customer, enabled to develop and
maintain his pages on the server?
Which one is better for "workgroup" intranet servers?
Which one is safer (more anti-hacker)?
Which features does Zope have that Midgard does not have?

Thanks.

PS What does "Midgard" mean (I'm italian...)?

Alessandro Bottoni (Alessandro.Bottoni@Think3.com)
Web Programmer @ Think3 inc. (www.think3.com)
I do not speak for think3 and they return the favour

	---- omissis -----