[Zope] Server Sizing

Peter Sabaini sabaini@niil.at
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 12:04:06 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 21 Mar 2000, Stephan Richter wrote:

:Here is my take on it:
:

[snip]

:- I noticed PCGI and Apache increases your performance, especially when you
:serve up big files.
:   Setup: Apache using virtual hosts HTTP & HTTPS running Zope PCGI, for
:Images and for large files.
:             My Images are served using port 81 and Documents using port
:82. That worked very well so far. We still have to test it live.

stephan,

i agree on apache increasing your performance when serving static
files (for instance images), but wouldn't url rewriting and the proxy
pass module of apache be an even better solution? i just switched from
PCGI to the Rewrite/Proxypass combo because of the additional overhead
of PCGI.

(see http://www.zope.org/Members/anser/apache_zserver/ for the kind of
setup i think of).

regards,