[Zope] Weird ZSQL Method thing...

Rik Hoekstra rik.hoekstra@inghist.nl
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 12:57:27 +0100

Jonothan Farr wrote:

> > Um, more or less (apart from the quotes). The ZSQL Methods use namespace
> > different from than normal DTML documents/methods (though I don't
> > exactly know how). Therefore you have to call them explicitly with an
> > argument.
>
> Sometimes you do, sometimes you don't. I know that sometimes I can acquire ZSQL
> method parameters from the request. Sometimes I have to provide them explicitly.
> I haven't been able to figure out what the rules are, either. If anyone out
> there could explain this behavior I'm sure lots of us would be grateful.

Hm, I _think_ I recall (but I can't test this right now) that the ZSQL
method will only accept values that are given explicitly in its
arguments and in that case it will also acquire them. That would make
sense from a security point of view.
Or perhaps it was a bit more complicated - I have to investigate this

Rik