[Zope] PHP vs Zope

Alessandro Bottoni Alessandro.Bottoni@think3.com
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 16:40:57 +0100

Python is quite slanted toward this kind of applications:
1) very clear sintax (many webmasters are not particularly fond of C and
Perl, like me...)
2) strong support for string management and a very good regular expressions
module
3) wide choice of modules for interfacing with web servers, mail servers,
database, etc...
4) ready-to-use modules for HMTL, Mail messages and XML manipulation
5) tons of good documentation, examples and a very active community
6) hard-rock core system and reliable modules
7) indipendence from the platform (Python runs almost everywhere. I'm
re-compiling it for my Z80-based microwave oven...;-)

Despite this, I think that the real reason why they decided to use python
was the terror to commit a mortal sin (like touching a Perl interpreter) and
the desire to live immersed in the light of the true Faith.

I would have done the same...

Alessandro Bottoni (Alessandro.Bottoni@Think3.com)
Web Programmer @ Think3 inc. (www.think3.com)
I do not speak for think3 and they return the favour