[Zope] How do I get the owner of a document?

Alexander Staubo alex@mop.no
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 00:03:56 +0100

If the object inherits from CatalogAware, you get a bonus method called
owner(), which you can call like so:

If not, you can use the get_local_roles() method. You need to iterate it
-- best with an External Method. Like so:

	def GetOwner(self):
	  for Role in self.get_local_roles():
	    if 'Owner' in Role[1]:
	      return Role[0]
	  return 'Zope'

Add this External Method at top-level. Then, thanks to Acquisiton, you
can access the value in any document thus:

Hope this helps.

--
Alexander Staubo         http://alex.mop.no/
The difference between theory and practice is that, in theory,