[Zope] Casting to a list

Hung Jung Lu hungjunglu@hotmail.com
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 16:02:35 PST

>From: Ken Kinder <kkinder@MessageMedia.com>
>That didn't seem to work. Am I doing this right?
><dtml-let assignment:list=assignment>
>  <dtml-in assignment:list>
>   <!--#call
>"qryCAssign(user_id=_['sequence-item'],client_id=client_id)"-->
>  </dtml-in>
></dtml-let>

Arghh... I should have been more clear, hopefully
someone else already has told you in the meantime,
but if not, the colons should be in the HTML FORM
fields, not inside the target DTML method.

That is, if you have check boxes or multiple select
form-input-elements, you would use something like:

<input type=checkbox name="mychoices:list" value="myvalue1">
<select name="mychoices:list" multiple>
<option>

Inside DTML, you would just use the name "mychoices" without
the colon. Something like:

  <dtml-in mychoices>
   <dtml-call "qryCAssign(user_id=_['sequence-item'],
                          client_id=client_id)">
  </dtml-in>

If qryCAssign() is a DTML method instead of an
external method, generally you would need to
prepend (_.None, _,... ) to the argument list.
That is, qryCAssign(_.None, _, user_id=.......)

regards,

Hung Jung