[Zope] ANN: ZEO goes Open Source

Andrew Kenneth Milton akm@mail.theinternet.com.au
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 11:05:52 +1000 (EST)

+----[ Michel Pelletier ]---------------------------------------------

| > Is the ZSS replication and fail-over machinery in place yet?
|
| No.  These are very deep issues, especially the replication part.  If
| this is important to you, I suggest using a replicated filesystem to
| store the final FileStorage file, like Coda or Intermetzo.

Some sort of transaction log would be nice. Not only could you track this
to do replication, it would then possible to rebuild corrupted Data.fs files
as well. I don't know if ZEO already does this, this is just idle speculation
on my part.

| While it would be a great idea for there to be failover and replication,
| the issues are complex and without more wide spread use we really don't
| want to start engineering a solution (one of the reasons we are open
| sourcing it...)

I guessed as much :-)

--
Totally Holistic Enterprises Internet|  P:+61 7 3870 0066   | Andrew Milton
The Internet (Aust) Pty Ltd          |  F:+61 7 3870 4477   |