[Zope] Welcome Aboard Matt Burleigh!!

Rob Page rob.page@digicool.com
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 10:48:09 -0500

Hello everybody!

Please join me in welcoming Matt Burleigh to the Digital Creations
team!!

Matt joins us as our first (and sorely needed!) system administrator.

From Matt's man page:
"""
I call beautiful and historic Fredericksburg, Virginia my /home.
Fishing, hunting, and reading civil war history are my hobbies.  Don't
tell anyone but I've taken many tech support calls from a boat and even
lost a cell phone in the lake once.

In 1983 I got a 1200 baud modem for my 64k IBM PC and it was down hill
from there. Sometimes I feel like I spent all of my life in front of a
computer. I started the first BBS in the Fredericksburg area and a quite
successful one. Eventually becoming Central Virginia mail hub for
FidoNET and sucking Usenet newsgroup feeds off of a satellite dish then
divvying it up for the local area SysOps. Those Usenet feeds were from
this thing called the Internet, which took me by suprise in 1994. At the
time I was running a small computer sales and service shop in the area.

Once I realized that BBS's and RIP Script (a graphical language for
BBS's that was going revolutionize the online world, ha!) wasn't going
to make it, we switched our dial-up modems to direct connections to
ISPs.

In 1996 a friend of mine introduced me to Slackware Linux. This crude
operating system really intrigued me and I found it to be an exciting
new challenge. A couple months later I began selling used machines with
IP masquerading and firewall setups. Soon after that, I convinced a
customer of mine to switch from the ever failing Windows NT v3.51 to
Linux. The system ran for over 6 months with not one problem or required
reboot. I was hooked and swore never to install Windows NT again.
"""

Matt can be reached at:  mailto: mattb@digicool.com

Welcome Matt!

--Rob

--
Rob Page                 V: 540.371.6909
Digital Creations, Inc.  F: 703.995.0412