[Zope] redirects in standard_error_message

John Chandler johnc@nipltd.com
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 16:05:50 +0000 (GMT)

My saga with the standard_error_message continues ;-)

I'm trapping 404 errors for missing pages, checking the intended URL
against a list of URLs which have moved to new locations and returning a
link to the new location as part of the error page.

What would be useful would be to automatically redirect to a new URL if
it occurs, but this is proving a problem. I've been using
RESPONSE.redirect() as this has proved useful on other pages, but on
standard_error_message this doesn't appear to have any effect - even when
the entire contents of the error page is stripped out and replaced by just
the call to redirect().

Is it possible for standard_error_message to handle redirects (in which
case, what else do I need to do?) or is there another way to go about
this?

Thanks in advance.

John

--
 John Chandler  /  Software Developer  /  New Information Paradigms Ltd
   [ Linux in the office, AmigaOS in the home, PalmOS in the pocket ]