[Zope] How to serve php from within Zope

Scott Parish sRp@srparish.net
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 17:19:33 +0000

Thus spake Michel Pelletier (michel@digicool.com):

> Andres Corrada-Emmanuel wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >         I'm using Apache to serve my Zope pages. I want to serve up some PHP scripts as part of a page wrapped with Zope methods. How do I serve the contents in the /some/other/directory/for/PHP/scripts from within Zope?
> >         For example, I want to call index.php3 from within the index_html of a Zope folder and have the contents included in the place I make the call.
>
> Zope doesn't know how to call or execute php code.  To do this, you need
> to have Zope make an 'external' http call back out to Apache, which will
> execute the php code, return it to Zope, which returns it to your
> client.
>
> Here is a good how-to on it:
>
> http://www.zope.org/Members/lstaffor/ZClientMethod
>
> -Michel

Actuatly, there may be one other quicker method to do this.  You can somehow
(i haven't tried this) compile php into a stand alown executable.  Then you
could then have an external method do a shell call running the php script.
Another interesting thing you could do would be to make a zope product that
stored php3 code, and then called out to php to parse it.  This might not be
a bad way to allow clients to have their own maintainable php3 scripts up
on the web without giving them ftp or shell access.  hmm..

sRp

--
Scott Parish
http://srparish.net