[Zope] How to serve php from within Zope

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamars@ibm.net
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 19:47:58 +0200

Scott Parish wrote:

> Actuatly, there may be one other quicker method to do this.  You can somehow
> (i haven't tried this) compile php into a stand alown executable.  Then you
> could then have an external method do a shell call running the php script.
> Another interesting thing you could do would be to make a zope product that
> stored php3 code, and then called out to php to parse it.  This might not be
> a bad way to allow clients to have their own maintainable php3 scripts up
> on the web without giving them ftp or shell access.  hmm..

Or even better, a generalized version - so you could serve perl and php and
python cgi  scripts transparently from zope.  That's be pretty cool actually
- migrating our old sites from php to Zope would be trivial.

Of course, it'd be much slower than having PHP3 compiled in to Apache.

--
Itamar S.T.  itamars@ibm.net