[Zope] error with ptk

Omar RABHI orabhi@libertysurf.fr
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 08:45:20 +0100

I began to download and to install PTK's last version recently. I installed
the product by following procedure described in the file " Read Me ", and I
so obtained three new elements in the section products. But when I try to
create a new element "Portal", Zope sends back me an error. I search so the
details of the installed products and I notice that in the part " DemoPortal
" certain elements are broken:

It is a question of:
 . " DemoPortal / Portal "
 . " DemoPortal / PortalWizard "
 . " DemoPortal / Wizard "

In fact they are all the DemoPortal's ZClass which are lacking. Can it
involve a conflict with another product? Is it necessary to settle PTK on
Zope's clean version?

I work with:
Zope version: Zope 2.1.2 (binary release, python 1.5.2 , win32-x86) on Win
NT4 / sp4, as well as with Zope 2.1.4 on Linux Mandrake 7.0. (on whom I did
not test PTK because it is my working environment, and I do not wish to
pollute it).

Thank you for advices. I intervene only rarely. What is well , it is that
major subjects and basic questions were approached in depth, repeatedly,
what allows to avoid resting the same questions. By getting back this
information, the people of the ZDP make a formidable job. That has the taste
of object oriented thinking...

Greetings
Omar RABHI

The Old Zope Book in French
 http://www.zope-france.org:8080/sujets/Documentation/zbook
Zope & XML
 http://www.zope-france.org:8080/sujets/XML/xmlconf
Gain Zope Enlightenment By Grokking Object Orientation:
 http://www.zope-france.org:8080/sujets/Documentation/grokking/