[Zope] Zope hanging: internal ZODB error?

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 14:59:02 -0800

Darran Edmundson wrote:

> I've just determined that this glitch in my
> CatalogAware Journal ZClass (using a custom catalog
> as per http://www.zope.org/Members/AlexR/CatalogAware)
> arises whenever a user edits an instance of this class.

Ok.  Does this mean you can reproduce it on command?

> Users are using the standard Zope management interface
> but I have substituted the standard Properties View
> with an "Edit Journal" View.  This is a copy of the
> Journal_AddForm method (with default values culled from
> the now existing instance).
>
> As per #4 in the above How-To, on submission this calls
> the following DTML method which puts my publicationCatalog
> in a strange state (requiring the update):

> <dtml-call "propertysheets.Properties.manage_changeProperties(REQUEST)">
> <dtml-call reindex_object>

:/

> I desperately need to sort this out before users start
> making changes.  I certainly can't do an update of
> the catalog on every edit of an existing Journal
> instance.

What I need to fix this is a way to reproduce it.  If you can do this,
then I need your help.  I would like to see your product, but first I
have to make sure that I *can* debug this using your product.  Your
produce needs to be self contained (not dependent on subclassing python
code I don't have) and must not use any relational database stuff as I
cannot reproduce your database environment.  In other words, if you can
drop your product into a clean Zope out of the box and reproduce this
problem, then you _are_ then man.

-Michel