[Zope] help me understand NDS

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Sat, 25 Mar 2000 23:09:27 -0600

Timothy Wilson <wilson@visi.com>

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm hoping that someone on the list has some experience with NetWare's NDS.
> The school district where I work is a NetWare shop with the exception of
> the Web server which is running Linux. A couple of my students and I do the
> Web stuff on the side.
>
> Starting in the fall, I'd like to begin using the PTK and authenticating
> users against our NDS directory. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me whether
> Novell's recent release of their eDirectory product for Linux will affect
> how we approach this. Are the existing LDAP Zope products sufficient?
>
> Looking for some NDS Zen,

Brad Clements has done a bunch of work on melding Python with NetWare -- he was
to present a paper on it at the last Python conference, but couldn't get there
due to weather.  His paper was part of the procedings, anyway, and may be online
somewhere under www.python.org.  His e-mail address is bkc@murkworks.com.

I think I even remember reading that he had Zope up and running as an NLM.

Tres.
Tres Seaver         tseaver@palladion.com    713-523-6582
Palladion Software  http://www.palladion.com