[Zope] Midgard vs Zope (Was RE: [Zope] PHP vs Zope)

sathya linuxcraft@redspice.com
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 23:35:53 -0600

> > > There is currently a 2 Gig native (Zope internal) database size limit.
> > > This won't apply when you use external database or sore files in file system.
> >
> > This is an platform limitation. There is no hardcoded limit in Zope.
> >

> My understanding from a recent discussion was that it happens on all platforms
> with 32-bit ints regardless of weather they support large files or not.
 Actually the limit is 4 GIG. however ext2 FS on Linux has a 2 gig limitation
you can use a patch that will take it to 4 GIG, its available on the ext2 home
page
 necessity is the
mother of invention