[Zope] zope search problems w/squishdot with latin1, locale fi_FI

Jyrki Kuoppala jkp@kaapeli.fi
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 12:23:06 +0300

I'm using Zope 2.1.4 on Linux with environment LC_ALL set to fi_FI and
Zope started with -L fi_FI, and ZCatalog indexing & searching seems to
work fine.  (well, there's a problem with some documents having ä
etc. spelled out, but if ä is used everything works OK.)

BUT, ZDConfera & Squishdot don't work right.  For some reason, at some
phase of the indexing characters like ö (ö, octal 366) in words
are converted to their octal codes.  This can be seen by looking at
the raw Data.fs file.  The result is that when I have a word like

kökköviesti

in the ZDConfera or Squishdot article, it can be found by search as

366viesti

It is converted in the db storing/indexing phase to something like
k\366kk\366viesti, which is then broken into words k, 366kk, 366viesti
which are stored into the textindex.

Any ideas on how to fix this?  I've looked at Splitter.c,
TextIndex.py, ZDiscussions.py and Squishdot.py, but I can't find
anything which would convert characters to their octal codes.

//Jyrki