[Zope] Creating Python class instances via DTML

William M. Schmidt schmidt@www.ifopen.com
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 13:25:54 -0700

Greetings,

	I have created a Python class (Lead) and added it as a product and
am able to create and edit instances via the managment interface.
However,
I have run into a wall when trying to do so via DTML. Taking the path
used
in the "Adding ZClass Instances Programmatically" HOWTO, I've tried
things
like:

	<dtml-with "manage_addproduct(['Lead'])">
	<dtml-call "manage_addLeadForm">
	</dtml-with>

where "manage_addLeadForm = HTMLFile('leadAdd', globals())" appears
within
".../Products/Lead/Lead.py" and "leadAdd.dtml" contains the form used
to populate the object fields. I continually get "NameError's" on
"manage_addLeadForm" so I'm guessing that I'm have namespace issues.

				Thanks, Bill

Bill Schmidt				Information Foundation
schmidt@ifopen.com