[Zope] Is Zope suitable?

Anders Eriksson anders.eriksson@morateknikutveckling.se
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 11:49:40 +0200

Hello!

I have some questions about Zope and I thought I ask them before
spending alot of time reading the documentation.

Can I install zope on a apache system WITHOUT being root? My ISP is
running apache on a Solaris 5.6 system.

I want to create a system that lets any user create his own User Data
Record. The user data record will contain data about the user, e.g.
Name, email address, etc. This record should only be editable by the
user (and admin) with somekind of login. This user data must then be
searchable! Listings on all or some of the data should be able to
present in different sorting orders, e.g. Lastname, country, etc.

Is Zope suited for this kind of system?
Maybe someone already has created a system like this?

// Anders
--
Thought I could organize freedom
how Scandinavian of me