[Zope] Re[2]: [Zope] Is Zope suitable?

Geir B Hansen Geir B Hansen <geirh@funcom.com>
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 12:11:52 +0200

[snip]

>> I want to create a system that lets any user create his own User Data
>> Record. The user data record will contain data about the user, e.g.
>> Name, email address, etc. This record should only be editable by the
>> user (and admin) with somekind of login. This user data must then be
>> searchable! Listings on all or some of the data should be able to
>> present in different sorting orders, e.g. Lastname, country, etc.

OB>    Looks like a job for Zope Portal Toolkit; probably, you'd need to
OB> extend it...

OB> Oleg.

We made something like this with zclasses and regular user
folders recently, using a zclass to hold the
info, and dynamically creating users with localroles in
their own zclass-instance, allowing them to edit their own
information..

Not the best way if you expect a lot of writes to your
server,i guess,  but nice enough for small sites..

--
Geir Bækholt Hansen
web-developer/designer