[Zope] Zope hosting

Luke Tymowski ltymowski@attglobal.net
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 19:06:29 -0500

Hello,

> Any comments on Zope and the Intel Linux setup vs the Cobalt setup?
> I am looking for a Zope/MySQL combinationsetup and would like to know
> Pros and cons of each of these setups (hardware)

I have a sprinkling of Pystones for everything from the original Qube to a
P3-700:
http://weblogs.userland.com/qube/stories/storyReader$289

If you're doing any Zope work, you might consider as a minimum a RaQ3. Even
then I would think twice. There's a massive performance boost with the
P3-600 and P3-700.

I don't have any results for a RaQ3, but based on the CPU, it's not at all
an ideal Zope environment.

If you want a fast, cheap, Zope box look at the G3-450s. Even an iMac. Or a
Celeron. But not the Cobalt lineup.

Luke