[Zope] Re: Re: [Zope] Installation under LINUX ...

Ryan Hughes rh@n-h.net
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 15:25:58 GMT+1

Hi Thomas,

> On Wed, Mar 29, 2000 at 10:19:45PM +0200, Thomas Ackermann wrote:
> > I did:
> >
> > umask 000
> > mkdir /var/spool/worldpilot
> > mkdir /var/spool/worldpilot/storage
> > mkdir /var/spool/worldpilot/storage/user
> > mkdir /var/spool/worldpilot/sessions
> > mkdir /var/spool/worldpilot/user
> > chmod -R 700 /var/spool/worldpilot
>
> That was the error ... the INSTALL.txt did not mention setting the user
> and group of those directories ...
>
> Now, i used chown -R zope.users /var/spool/worldpilot and it worked.

Uupps, maybe it's missing in the INSTALL.txt, we'll check...

> That about stupidly following some installation-docs    ;-(
> Sorry for disturbing you ...
>
> STILL: I cannot manage to get shared calendar entries - meaning, i cannot
> assing dates for all or some of the users ... i tried
>
> Conf/Trans
> Conf/Opaq
> Pub/Trans
> Pub/Opaq
>
> Entries, but none of those will show up on other users entries ...
> (I allowed for Subscribe, Browsable and Read under Sharing)

Watch out, this might be confusing, since Subscribe is a permission
referencing in the other direction (eventually actually needs to be
placed somewhere seperately). You have to set that checkbox in the
account, that is supposed to access that data in it's default view,
or in that account session you must use the "Go-control" to switch to
the shared account.

Cheers,
Ryan

--
Ryan Hughes <rh@n-h.net>
WorldPilot - Get Synced - http://www.worldpilot.org

The Open Source Personal Information Manager Server