[Zope] Re: [Zope-dev] Re: [Zope] Zope in Jpython

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@mems-exchange.org
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 09:57:28 -0500 (EST)

J. Atwood writes:
>I know this is probably a hot topic and will be much debated but have you
>guys at DC looked into this? Are there reasons why this is a good idea? Bad
>idea? It seems like a natural way to increase the performance of Zope while
>keeping all the power of OO and Python.

*Increase* performance by rewriting in Java?  You've been reading
Sun's press releases again and, worse still, actually believing them;
don't make that mistake! :)

I can think of any number of improvements that could be made to Zope,
but a translation into another language, with no clear idea of what
actual problem would be solved by the translation, isn't one of them.

  "You mean you want to help the people who've been hurt?"
  "Actually, I was thinking more about me and my quality of life. But if
people get helped as a byproduct I can live with it."
  -- Sinita and Shade in SHADE #64