[Zope] Re: [Zope-dev] Re: [Zope] Zope in Jpython

J. Atwood Jatwood@bwanazulia.com
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 10:44:19 -0500

Ok.. so I opened up a can of worms.

Thanks to everyone for setting me straight. I do think, though, that
performance and benchmarking should be an issues on the tips of DC tongues.
I have been doing a lot of benchmarking (and will publish results soon)
trying to figure just where the bottlenecks are (DTML, references, SQL,
size, caching). The good and bad news is that there seems to be no
difference in many of the different tests. I can get a MAX of 40 requests
per second, and that, is that.

The reason I asked about JPython and performance was because I get a lot of
developers telling me that Servlets are much faster. Now, that being said I
am about to set up a website with servlets and pound on it till it bleeds to
see if it is true.

One of the comparisons that would be nice on Zope.org would be the servlets
vrs Zope. (JServ, Enhydra, etc).

Thanks,