[Zope] Bug: thousand_sep does not respect locale

Tino Wildenhain tino@wildenhain.de
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 19:08:42 +0200

Hi,

"Dr. Peer Griebel" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just found something in DT_Var.py which I mean is a bug.
> The function thousands_commas uses a hard coded ',' to as thousands
> delimiter. I think it would be best to use locale.format instead for
> this purpose.
>
> Is there anybody how can incorporate this change into Zope?!
>
> One more related question: How can I print the current currency symbol
> in Zope? I could not access the locale namespace in a dtml method.

I did a private extension to DT_Var.py which incorporates
the modifier "german-money", which returns
1 234,5 for 1234.5
Just because I needed it.

I did not mention it to the group since I want a much cleaner and more
general approach for supporting multiple languages.
I dont think we could handle this with locale, since the actual page
could be in a different language.

Regards
Tino Wildenhain