[Zope] ZTables is going to die?

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.com
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 14:36:22 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 30 Mar 2000, Michel Pelletier wrote:

> Besides, TinyTables could be updated to support more efficient data
> structures like the BTrees that ZTables and ZCatalog use.  ZCatalog + a
> more efficient TinyTables is probably 99% of ZTables.
>
> -Michel

If one makes heavy use of TinyTables but needs more functionality (but no
RDBMS) I suggest he/she takes a look at Metakit. (www.equi4.com). This
amazing software deserves more attention than it gets and has already a
very nice interface to python. Returned rows behave more or less like
Zope Record objects. You can do sophisticated stuff like joins
selects etc but it can also be used in a manner similar to TinyTable. It
is transactional and *very* fast/efficient. Currently in not multithreaded
so one needs to serialize requests. I think the author, Jean-Claude
Wippler mentioned that he is working in a thread safe python version (the
TCL one is out).

A Zope interface would have beed nice ...

Pavlos