[Zope] ODBC and MS SQLServer Problems

Guy Davis guy-davis@home.com
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 16:36:00 -0700

I am trying to get Zope to play nice with MS SQL Server.  They are both installed on the same Compaq Proliant server.  I can create my database, make it accessible through ODBC and then add a ODBC Connection in Zope by picking my ODBC connection from the list.  I can then use the connection just fine for SELECTs and UPDATEs for a little while (30 mins to an hour). However, eventually I get the following error:

Error Type: sql.error
Error Value: ('S0002', 208, "[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid object name 'users'.")

where 'users' is a table name.  Up until this point, it was accessing 'users' just fine, and I can still run queries on it from the SQL Query Analyzer app so I know the table is there.  My only option at this time seems to be to delete the whole database and create it again and recreate the tables.  This isn't acceptable if this system is to actually be used.

Can anyone who has gotten SQL Server and Zope working post explicit instructions.  Or better yet, let me know what is causing the above error.

Thanks.
--
Guy Davis            http://www.ualberta.ca/~davis/