[Zope] rendering DTML stored in property sheets ?

chas panda@skinnyhippo.com
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 08:28:11 +0800

Here's a silly thing that's always niggled me :

How do you get Zope to render the DTML that is
stored in properties of a ZClass ?

eg. Consider you have a ZClass with a string
    property called 'my_property'

    In an instance of this ZClass, you set the
    value of 'my_property' to "Hello <dtml-var x>"
    where x might be a string, integer, image etc

    Now, if a DTML method were to call <dtml-var my_property>,
    it would display "Hello <dtml-var x>"
    How can we get the DTML to be executed too, so that it
    displays "Hello [value of x]". Is there any easy method
    other than splitting this up into different fields ?

Apologies if this is such a trivial thing. It's
escaped me for ages.

chas