[Zope] Zope install & ./start problem...

mindlace mindlace@imeme.net
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 18:52:22 -0700

"Eric L. Walstad" wrote:

> OK, this is probably a stupid question, but how do I fix it?  I tried:
> changing the /Zopedir/var/ folder and file settings to user=ewalstad,
> group=users and had no luck running ./start.  I also tried copying one of
> the other .pid files and renaming it z2.pid; that didn't work, either.
>
> Any advice is appreciated.
>
> Eric.

if you are starting zope as root, the following (from the Zope root
folder) should work:

chown nobody access
chown -R nobody var

then you can start.  If you're starting zope as some other user, then
replace "nobody" with other user.  All the files in var need to be owned
by nobody or the starting user.  Copying Z2.pid won't work, because zope
sets it afresh each time it runs.

Ethan Fremen
--
http://mindlace.net __________________ mindlace@imeme.net
I don't want The Truth but I wouldn't mind a Big Analogy.