[Zope] Assigning strings using DTML-LET

Jason Wong jwong@digitalview.com.hk
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 19:10:17 +0800

> Unlike other tags, the dtml-let tag is quote-sensitive, requiring that
> attribute values are quoted. So in the above code, you're trying to
> evaluate the expression "1=1", which isn't valid Python code (you're
> trying to assign a value to a value). What you want is:
>
> 	<dtml-let criteria="'1=1'">

Thanks.

After scouring through all the docs that I can lay my hands on I finally
found an implicit reference to the above usage of dtml-let in "HowTo:
Advanced DTML techniques".

<dtml-gripe>
One of the main stumbling blocks in getting to grips
with Zope is the incoherent documentation. The information
one needs is scattered about in countless docs so a lot of
the time will be spent searching those docs. This isn't helped
by the fact that the guides and how-to's themselves contain many
errors in the examples.
</dtml-gripe>

But many thanks to the kind people on this list who have responded swiftly
to my questions.
-
Jason Wong