[Zope] IE Auth failures, NS works fine

JB jimbag@kw.igs.net
Mon, 01 May 2000 10:04:37 -0400

Please excuse my ignorance in this matter. I know nothing about Windows.
I have posted this before but have had no luck with a solution. I
thought one more try here and then I guess I migrate to Enhydra or
something. Anyway, I have a site with about 300+ users running on Redhat
6.1 with Apache serving Zope. Auth is handled by GUF, but I don't think
GUF is an issue. I've been fielding problems authenticating with
Internet Explorer for about a month now. The solution? Use Netscape. It
works perfectly. I don't think this is very acceptable, however. Can't
anyone help me track this down? I have no idea where to start looking in
Windows to figure this out. I have no idea what questions to ask. Why is
a browser not a browser?

TIA
jim