[Zope] FileSystem Storage (was: Re: [Zope] Zope's scalability across multiple web servers)

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.com
Mon, 1 May 2000 11:54:43 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 1 May 2000, Jason Spisak wrote:

> Is there currently a Product that uses the filesystem like you are talking
> about?  FSSession?  Is there a product to store the all my ZClass instances
> let's say on the file system right now?

FSSession does participate in Zope transaction machinery and can store
arbitrary python objects. Modifications to an FSSession instance are only
saved during the commit action. However I still have to do some tests to
verify correct behaviour under errors raised during commit operations in
other objects.

Although I have not tried it I do not forsee any problems with storing
Zclass instances in a session but then it won't be easy to manage them.

Pavlos