[Zope] FileSystem Storage (was: Re: [Zope] Zope's scalability across multiple web servers)

Jason Spisak 444@hiretechs.com
Mon, 01 May 2000 16:38:59 GMT

Pavlos Christoforou writes:

> On Mon, 1 May 2000, Jason Spisak wrote:
>

> > Is there currently a Product that uses the filesystem like you are talking
> > about?  FSSession?  Is there a product to store the all my ZClass instances
> > let's say on the file system right now?
> >

> FSSession does participate in Zope transaction machinery and can store
> arbitrary python objects.

That's goo to hear.

>Modifications to an FSSession instance are only
> saved during the commit action. However I still have to do some tests to
> verify correct behaviour under errors raised during commit operations in
> other objects.
>
> Although I have not tried it I do not forsee any problems with storing
> Zclass instances in a session but then it won't be easy to manage them.

So there isn't a product out there that allows what Michel B. is talking
about?  Where the objects are stored as files on the filesystem and the
filesystem tools are used to manage quotas and the like.

All my best,

Jason Spisak
CIO
HireTechs.com