[Zope] ZSQL method problems in 2.1.6

John Chandler johnc@nipltd.com
Tue, 2 May 2000 16:33:24 +0100 (GMT)

Further to the recent discussion about problems with 2.1.6, we applied the
patch to a server this morning and it appears to have fixed most of the
problems. However, we're still suffering from one:

The upshot is that when a ZSQL method is called and there is a variable in
the namespace that matches the parameter name case insensitively, the
variable is automatically used in preference to an explicitly defined
parameter.

So, if I have a ZSQL method with a parameter ID called as thus:

<dtml-in "zsql_foo(ID=parentID)">

it will use parentID *unless* ID, id, Id, or iD exist in the namespace, in
which case they are used in preference. This is annoying.

At first I put this down to the problems with nested dtml-ins still
remaining, but after some checks this doesn't look to be the case.

Anyone else noticing problems still?

John

--
 John Chandler  /  Software Developer  /  New Information Paradigms Ltd
   [ Linux in the office, AmigaOS in the home, PalmOS in the pocket ]