[Zope] Local FS

Jason Spisak 444@hiretechs.com
Tue, 02 May 2000 17:26:22 GMT

Jonothan:

I'm not sure if you have been folowing the thread between Michael B. and
myself, but I would love your insight.

How far away from being an alternative form of storage for Zope is LocalFS?
 I'm talking ZClass instances mostly.  A robust data storage facility for
Zope objects in files rather than a sigle large file.  With the RIPP
(ZPattern and the like) the backend is going to cease to make a difference
to propertysheets, and having the local filesystem (XFS/ReiserFS) for write
intensive stuff is a must have for Zope.

Just wondering what your opinion on it is.

All my best,

Jason Spisak
CIO
HireTechs.com