[Zope] FileSystem Storage (was: Re: [Zope] Zope's scalability across multiple web servers)

Jason Spisak 444@hiretechs.com
Tue, 02 May 2000 18:29:25 GMT

Lalo:

> If there were one, it wouldn't be a Product. What you're
> looking for is a Storage for ZODB - look in your zope-home
> under /lib/python/ZODB. You can just write storage methods and
> plug them in.

Thanks for the heads up.

> OTOH you can't (yet) store parts of your Zope tree in one
> storage and parts in other; you would have to move the whole
> thing from Data.fs to whatever you're going to use.

Isn't that what SheetProviders and RIPP is for?  Ty?

> Still I'd like to see a "filesystem directory tree storage"
> (but what about version control? Undo?

I just want to see filesystems storage of properties and things that are
high-write.  The current undo interface isn't feasable in this environment
anyway.  The transaction I want to changes is 100 pages back by the time I
want to change it.

>The whole transaction
> infrastructure?)

Isn't that kind of like a journaling filesystem?

> Personally, I think the best sollution for us is a storage
> based on XDelta and XDFS (check out modules xdelta, prcs2 and
> xdfs from the Gnome CVS and check it out). And there is a draft
> paper by the author describing it... uh... where is it? Oh,
> here: http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~jmacd/masters.ps.gz

That's new to me. Very interesting.  Let me check it out.

> I've been dreaming of a XDFS storage for the past few weeks :-)
> I'm even considering offering to hire Josh MacDonald (the
> author of XDFS) to write it, I don't know whether he'd be
> available but...

I heard about some guy named linus working for a chip company.  :-)

All my best,

Jason Spisak
CIO
HireTechs.com