[Zope] Properties disappearing inside <dtml-with>

Mike Orr mso@sense-sea-MegaSub-1-220.oz.net
Tue, 2 May 2000 16:20:52 -0700

I have a bunch of DTML Documents that call a group_html_footer (DTML
Method) before standard_html_footer.  Inside this method I need
access to "title" (the document title) and "state" (a property in
the document).  I also need access to the images inside a
"glue_images" folder.  (The folder contains two images -- "glue_hr"
and "gluemem" -- and nothing else.)

Inside the method I have a
<dtml-with glue_images> ... </dtml-with glue_images>
block to pick up the images.  For some reason, "title" and "state"
are empty inside the block but are fine outside.  I thought this
was only supposed to happen with the "only" attribute.

The following test code illustrates it.

My state is <dtml-var state><BR>
My title is <dtml-var title><BR>
<dtml-with glue_images>
My state is <dtml-var state><BR>
My title is <dtml-var title><BR>
... REST OF METHOD
</dtml-with glue_images>

Results in:

My state is CO<BR>
My title is Colorado<BR>
My state is <BR>
My title is <BR>

As a workaround, I turned the dtml-with to
<dtml-let gluehr="glue_images.gluehr"> ... </dtml-let>
This fortunately does not hide the other variables.

Why is dtml-with eating my variables?

--
-Mike Orr, mso@mso.oz.net  -or-  mso@oz.net  (permanent: mso@jimpick.com)
   http://mso.oz.net/     English * Esperanto * Russkiy * Deutsch * Espan~ol