[Zope] Changing Zclass Base Classes

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Wed, 3 May 2000 10:44:20 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Alexander" <steve@cat-box.net>
To: "julio dinis" <juliodinis@hotmail.com>
Cc: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2000 7:41 AM
Subject: Re: [Zope] Changing Zclass Base Classes

> julio dinis wrote:
> > I renamed my old class for class_temp and created new ones
> > with same name, same properties, etc.
> >
> > I dont no whats wrong :(
>
> Look at your ZClass in the management view. Look under the "basic" tab.
>
> You should find the field "class id". Its value will be a string such as
> "2nBsaF/GgaN176QFvINZIw==".
>
> This value links instances of the ZClass to the ZClass definition. It
> could be that you didn't alter this property in your new ZClass.
>
> Would that alone work? I don't know -- never tried it!

Yep... That's the problem. Julio, you can go into the class_temp Basic tab,
copy the class ID from there (and then change it). Then, replace the class
ID in your new ZClass. Note that this will break any new instances you
created (you may want to delete those first).

I think the howto mentioned below has the step-by-step procedure.

> Take a look at http://www.zope.org/Members/AlexR/ChangingBaseClasses for
> the recommended unofficial way to do it.

Kevin