[Zope] RelationalStorage (was LocalFS)

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Thu, 04 May 2000 00:15:03 -0400

Jimmie Houchin wrote:

> I like the fact that you'll be maintaining transparency of usage.

Thanks to Jim, it's the easiest solution.  If Zope had been engineered
differently, it would probably be hard.  But it's pretty much like
falling off a log as it stands.

> The advantage that IB brings is a quality open source db that is available
> on a large variety of platforms. Example: at work I am constrained to use
> Win95, at home on my development machine I will use Linux. IB is there on
> both.
>
> IB is also distributable with the same freedom as Zope. Neither Oracle nor
> MySQL are. It would be nice if one of the options was as available and as
> free(dom) as Zope.
>
> I know there are advocates of both of the other db's and that like MS one
> could probably say 'no ones been fired for buying/recommending Oracle'.

It's expected that once a base and a reference have been implemented,
that it will be easily made available for many dbs.  As it stands, the
first database that I can get loaded on my machine will be the one it
gets developed against.  :-)  I've downloaded InterBase, maybe I'll see
if I can get it going.

--
Chris McDonough
Digital Creations