[Zope] Newbie, Newbie, Newbie....simple affectation

Peter Sabaini sabaini@niil.at
Thu, 4 May 2000 17:53:49 +0200 (CEST)

not sure what you want to accomplish. if you want to set a variable
in the current namespace you can use the <dtml-let> tag, like
 <dtml-let newvar="oldvar"> </dtml-let>
or
 <dtml-let newvar="'somestring'"> </dtml-let>
if its a literal string.

if you want to add/edit a dtml method you will have to use one of the
manage* methods, like

 <dtml-call
  "manage_addDTMLMethod('somemethod','title',file=_.str(somevar))">

where somevar is a var that holds your data.

the zope quick ref. document has a list of these manage* methods:
  http://www.zope.org/Members/ZQR

hth peter.