[Zope] zope on isp

Gustin Kiffney Gustin Kiffney" <Gustin_Kiffney@fd.org
Thu, 04 May 2000 19:10:44 -0400

This isn't really an answer to your question, but if you don't mind (a) handing
off this problem and (b) using a US web hosting provider, check out
www.codeit.com.  They know all about Zope and Apache and I'm really happy
running our little site on their setup.  I think zope.org runs on their server,
too?  Standard disclaimer:  I'm not affiliated with codeit, except as a
customer, but they slip me a C-note every time I mention their name (or do I
have to pay them?  i can't remember! (secondary disclaimer: I'm kidding))

Original message snip:

I have Zope set up running under NT alongside IIS and AOLserver3.  Works
fine as I have complete control and admin rights.

I would like to set up Zope on my ISP.   I have access to the cgi-bin
directory, can run python (and TCL).  So how do you setup Zope?

The ISP is using Redhat Linux 6.1 and an Apache web server.

Tried using the source and compiling - no joy error about compiling rights.
Tried using a precompiled version for Linux.  The install seemed to work.