[Zope] Downloading parts of image on demand

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Fri, 05 May 2000 00:58:55 -0500

Hello everyone,

I have a big issue here, but don't know how to approach it (not necessarily
a Zope issue):

I want to display a thumbnail of an image. When the user selects a certain
part of the image (using a Java applet?), it goes to the server and
requests a larger copy of this piece. Basically, if I have a large image, I
want to display it as thumbnail and zoom in and out of parts of the image,
but the image should not be completely downloaded. It should only serve the
desired part of the image.
Did someone write this type of server piece in PIL before?

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter - (901) 573-3308 - srichter@cbu.edu
CBU - Physics & Chemistry; Framework Web - Web Design & Development