[Zope] Multilingual sites

Geir Bækholt Hansen Geir B Hansen <geirh@funcom.com>
Fri, 5 May 2000 09:46:36 +0200

on Thursday, May 04, 2000 Adrian Esteban Madrid wrote :
AEM> Has anybody build (succesfully) a site with multiple languages (v.e.
AEM> English, Japanese, Russian, etc.)? I need to build such a site where the
AEM> visitor can select the language and everything chnges. I'm guessing I'll be
AEM> needing to have different versions of each document in each language and
AEM> switch versions depending on the session ID and so on. Any ideas will be
AEM> apreciated.

AEM> Adrian

I am working on a project with multiple languages at the
present. For my development-work, i use cookies to set
language, and serve up the correct version of the document
according to the cookie-value.
( i use container-Zclasses with sub-documents for each
language, so that i don't need several directory structures)
In the final production-site,
the correct language-documents will be served up paccording
to top-level-domain : .com wil get english, .no will get
norwegian etc..

Take a look at the I18N product on http://www.zope.org/Members/tseaver/ZI18N
Not what i use, but it works in a similar way.

--
Geir Bækholt Hansen
web-developer/designer