[Zope] Postgresql support on Zope

Richard Smith ozric@tampabay.rr.com
Sat, 06 May 2000 10:25:24 -0400

Cary O'Brien wrote:

> > > Is anybody using (succesfully) PostgreSQL? Any comments on
> > > speed/reliability/(zope)zen?
> >
> > Yes... very. Speed is very good if you use the SQL Method cache.
> >
> > I have had a database up and running for months and never had to touch it.
> >

> Ditto.  I've had a bug-tracking zope/postgresql app running for nearly
> a year without any problems.
>
> Plus PostgreSQL 7.0 is coming out with lots more goodies.
>
> PostgreSQL Tips:
>
> Indexes may not be used untill you run a vacuum.
> Never, never let it run out of disk space.  Bad things happen.
>
> -- cary

What is the date for release of postgreSQL 7 ?
I have been messing with MySQL but I think that I need to learn a real
RDBMS like
postgreSQL instead.  I have Zope, Apache, and MySQL running on my home
server/test box now.  It is just a 233mmx with 96 megs will I be able to
run postgres on the samebox or is the overhead too great ?