[Zope] Zope, Apache and Windows 98

Phil Harris phil.harris@zope.co.uk
Sat, 6 May 2000 23:15:18 +0100

Zope, Apache and Windows 98Greg,

First, can I make a request of you?

Please don't send html mail  to the list.  Some people on the list use
mailers that don't cope too well with it.  Thanks in advance.

Now on to your question.

See http://yyy.zope.org/Members/anser/apache_zserver for full details.

It works well but does have at least one drawback.

Since it uses the Apache Proxy module, you lose the individual ip reporting
to Zope so you cannot restrict by ip in Zope you have to do it via Apache.

Other than that it works fine.

hth

Phil Harris
phil.harris@zope.co.uk

----- Original Message -----
From: Greg Poindexter
To: zope@zope.org
Sent: 06 May 2000 21:34
Subject: [Zope] Zope, Apache and Windows 98

I've set up Apache on windows 98 along with Zope but not sure how to put the
packages together, (i.e. develope a website through Zope, publish it and
have it the default.htm page/site when I login in to my machine via the
browser.
I looked at the documentation for modifiying conf.http but no luck.  If
anyone else has dealt with this situation successfully, I'd be interested in
hear some of your gothchas.
Greg Poindexter
gpoindexter@atp.com