[Zope] Re[2]: [Zope] Multilingual sites

Geir Bækholt Hansen Geir B Hansen <geirh@funcom.com>
Mon, 8 May 2000 08:52:18 +0200

on Saturday, May 06, 2000 Christian Leutloff wrote :
CL> Geir Bækholt Hansen <geirh@funcom.com> writes:

>> In the final production-site,
>> the correct language-documents will be served up paccording
>> to top-level-domain : .com wil get english, .no will get
>> norwegian etc..

CL> why not using the Browser feature to select the right language. Is is
CL> implemented e.g. through the apache web server, IMHO the mechanism is
CL> called content negotiation, but I'm not sure.

CL> It would be nice, if Zope would support this feature from the main
CL> source.

CL> Bye
CL>   Christian

This would be an easy thing to do, using REQUEST.HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE, but we prefer to leave
our users in control, letting them choose their language themselves
independent of browser localization. Here in scandinavia, a
lot of people use US/english OS and browsers, partly
because they're used to it, partly because you'll get
upgrades a bit quicker..

--
Geir Bækholt Hansen
web-developer/designer