[Zope] How to get reportlab running and integrated with Zope

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Mon, 8 May 2000 10:47:25 +0100

At 5:17 pm -0400 7/5/00, Chris McDonough wrote:
>Dale, I've never used reportlab, but if you change the import statement
>to:
>
>from Products.reportlab import reporlab.pdfgen
>
>It might work.
>
>Dale Lance wrote:
>>
>>  Hi all,
>>
>>  I have downloaded Reportlab to my linux box and am trying to go through the
>>  install
>>  procedure. I un-tarred into /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/Products making the
>>  reportlab product
>>  underneath. This looks good in Zope ... (shows up as product under
>>  management screen)
>>  However running the test script (testpdfgen.py) under
>>  ...reportlab/pdfgen/test/testpdfgen.py
>>  gives me a module not found error when it tries to import reportlab.pdfgen.
>>  Any clues as to what I haven't set up?
>>  Anyone tried this yet?
>>
>>  lost in Zen
>  > Dale

Dale,
If you're running a binary version of Zope, you need to put reportlab
into lib/python1.5 in your Zope installation.

If you're using a source version of Zope, put it in something like
/usr/local/lib/python/site-packages/ instead.

I think there's some confusion over Zope Products and python
packages. AFAIK, you'll need to write some external methods or
PythonMethods to access the reportlab functions....

Please let the list know how you get on with reportlab and Zope -
I've used it standalone and it's a beautiful package!

Tone out.
------
Dr Tony McDonald,  FMCC, Networked Learning Environments Project
http://nle.ncl.ac.uk/
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 222 5888
Fingerprint: 3450 876D FA41 B926 D3DD  F8C3 F2D0 C3B9 8B38 18A2