[Zope] IE Auth failures, NS works fine

Richard Moon richard@dcs.co.uk
Mon, 08 May 2000 12:54:40 +0100

Under Internet Options, Security I run under the Internet web content zone.
Clicking on the Custom Level button I have User Authentication, Logon,
Automatic Logon only in Intranet Zone set, I also have all the Scripting
options enabled,Userdata persistence enabled, submit nonencrypted form data
enabled,software channel permissions at medium safety, navigate sub-frames
across different domains enabled, launching programs in an IFRAME enabled,
installation of desktop items enabled, drag and drop enabled, access data
sources across domains disabled, cookies enabled (both options). I can't
see anything else there that may be relevant

I'm accessing this via an NT-based proxy server called WinGate which
clearly causes no problems.

Something at the back of my mind is nagging - to do with the encryption of
passwords in NT (introduced in one of the service packs). I know this can
cause issues with people running Samba on Linux and there is a script which
you can run (supplied with Linux somewhere) which patches the Windows
registry to turn off encryption. I have run this script myself.  Might it
be something to do with this ??

HTH

Richard

At 07:22 08/05/00 -0400, you wrote:
>That would be great if you could pass on the IE settings. I don't know
>anything about IE and the users seem to know even less. There must be
>some header somewhere that IE5 just doesn't like but where it is coming
>from is a mystery yet. Knowing that I have an IE setup that should work
>will help greatly in traking this down.
>
>thanks
>jim
>
>Richard Moon wrote:
> >
> > I'm running Zope 2.1.4 with GUF using Zserver on RedHat 6.1 and I have had
> > no trouble using IE5 on NT4 workstation. Does this point to the Apache to
> > Zope connection being the problem - is the authorisation being passed
> > through correctly ? Have you tried it with Zserver to see if it works in
> > that mode ? I'll happily pass on my IE5 settings etc.
> >
> > Richard

Richard Moon
richard@dcs.co.uk