[Zope] Somewhat OT: Interbase DB

Eric W. Sink eric@sourcegear.com
Mon, 8 May 2000 08:45:47 -0500

> Well, after trying for another 15 minutes, I was able to do it.  Thanks
> Eric... I had to change the config.sh file directive GDSLIB to
> GDSLIB=gds.so instead of leaving it blank (as well as compile with
> -lcrypt).
>
> Now, I wonder if it works.

No, it doesn't.  :-)

In kinterbasdb.c, server_version() will choke.  This is because
ver_callback() receives the version strings from IB6 and tries to
parse them, evidently expecting to find the letter V in a place where
there is in fact no letter V.

I hacked server_version() to say:

	version = 6

and return.  A rather short-term workaround, I admit.

After this, you are as far along as I've gotten.  I was able to
execute simple stuff through Kinterbasdb, but I haven't tried anything
complicated yet.

--
Eric W. Sink, Software Craftsman
SourceGear Corporation